Celebrate Reading

Friday, March 3, 2017

Did you know March is National Reading Awareness Month? I didn't till yesterday!

Reading is something that I enjoy doing with the kids, but I do not repeat books in one sitting... that drives me bonkers! We don't do it every night or day, but every couple days we'll sit down before bed, each kid with their own pick, and away we go down rabbit trails, counting apples, or magically making things appear and disappear with the turn of a page. There's so many great books out there, and it's always surprising which book each kid latches on to. 

Books are so special and can hold so many memories, they are one thing we have a really hard time letting go of, and that's saying something for us (purging happens a lot in this household)! I remember a few months back I was taking one of the kids books to the recycle. Sevio caught me, I've never seen him react so emotionally to an object, "How could you?!", I was like, "Look at it... its corners are all frayed, the cover is bent so bad it's hanging on for dear life...".


NOPE! Forget all rational thought, that "Pajama Time" book never made it out the front door! It was one of the first books the kids latched onto, so it holds lots of memories of snuggles in pajamas before bedtime. And it's not just Sevio that holds on... I still have books from my childhood, I made my mom search boxes upon boxes for two Grimms Fairytale books my Dad used to always read me... it's all about the memories!



Over the month of March I'll post some great reads for different ages, what we're currently reading, and some ideas of how to get your kid excited for reading! Stay tuned and be sure to sign up for our email list so you don't miss a thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...