Recipe of the Week // Kale Omelette

Wednesday, November 28, 2012


This was my breakfast this morning, a Kale + Tomato Omelette.

This was my very first time trying this green leafy vegetable everyone's been raving about. From what I've heard its the "queen of greens" as its packed with iron, Vitamin K, anti-oxidants, Vitamin A, calcium, Vitamin C, and even Omega 3 fatty acids. BOOM! this vegetable knows what its doing and I think I may be jumping on the Kale bandwagon.

On top of being so healthy this recipe is very easy! (the original recipe I found via pinterest, here.)

Shopping List:
About a cup of shredded kale
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 eggs
1 tbsp of milk
1/2 a medium sized tomato, diced
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 tsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper 


Directions:

Add olive oil and garlic to pan over medium heat for about a minute. Add your kale and let it sizzle and wilt for a few minutes. Whisk two eggs, milk, cheese, and tomatoes together and add to the pan, and wait a few minutes...I added a cover to mine to speed it up a bit. Once its cooked enough flip the omelette (I just have to add how proud I am for flipping mine without butchering it... I normally have a bit of a flipping handicap). Cook for another minute and fold that yummy eggy deliciousness over and there you have an omelette. Season to taste and bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...